Thursday, December 8, 2011

Future


Today went to JMECC after recommended by my aunt about a course in University of Tasmania called 'Ocean Engineering'. Well the reason of being able to go out to the sea all the time is obviously not the point that attracted me since I can't swim (lol). It was because I was told that a representative from UniTas will be there today, and I decided to try my luck.

Arrived at ss15 about 11.50am and the appointment was 12 noon, close enough. Did my illegal parking opposite starbucks and went into the 'shop'. Many people were there but 95% of them were parents and 4% was students that just completed their SPM. I was the sole remainder of the 1% Pre-U graduate, haha.

Eavesdropped to a family discussing with the counselor regarding their son's study in UniTas. The boy just completed his SPM (banana I guess?) and looks like he's already been accepted by the university. He's gonna leave next year February for a foundation course directly in Aussie. Kinda lucky or ill-fated? I wonder.

Next was 2 fat malay dads discussing with the guy regarding their respective daughter to study Medicine there. Bla bla bla. Let's skip the crap.

However, I learned something from the plain discussion between the fathers and the guy. That 'representative' dude is one good actor. He was promoting a Biomedical Science course to the men and after he 'bad-mouthed' Medicine he said 'this Biomedical Science course was approved by the Australian government bla bla bla..'. I wonder if Medicine wasn't approved? Hmm. And and, he also said something like 'I can guarantee you that there is no university with supermarkets, housing areas, restaurants, and shop lots all within walking distance.' How I wish I could just give him a middle finger at that moment. The uni my brother currently studying in, UNSW, is one of that example. -.-

After 1 hour of patience, finally it's my turn (yay!). Asked him regarding the Ocean engineering course and the tuition fee as well as the accommodation. Showed him my A Levels results and he said that I would definitely be fit for a scholarship - but only 25%. Tried to convince me by saying things like it would take me how long how long to earn back my tuition fee and stuff, but not a single f was given to him that day. Lol. Told myself I won't study abroad if there's no full scholarship. =)

Anyway, slept like a pig today and shall continue to do so (hee~). Should I go for some basketball tomorrow morning? Gotta go pick a coin now. That's all for today. Thanks for reading =)

Today's lyrics:
我依然愛你 就是 唯一的退路
[王力宏 - 依然爱你]

No comments: